Boolamoola Homestead - photos courtesy of Ewen Bell
- We use energy saving light-bulbs in buildings
- Have a dark sky’s policy at night time
- Prohibit generators in the campground so wildlife isn’t scared off and our guests can absorb the peace and quiet
- Have compost bins in all buildings, which we collect and feed to the chooks
- Buildings are designed to encourage air flow, and therefore don’t require air-conditioning in summer. Slow combustion fireplaces are installed in buildings to minimize fuel demand.
- Wood is supplied from fallen trees from the property, or from local landholders land with permission.
- Guests are encouraged to walk, rather than drive around the property, to reduce traffic, disturbance to wildlife, and reduce the impact vehicles have on the environment
- In all buildings, gas is used to power stoves, ovens and to heat all hot water.
- Televisions are excluded from all buildings in order to encourage our guests to be immersed in and explore nature.