Ecotourism - Working with the local community
- We choose to use the local businesses to supply our fuel, postal services, firewood, and convenience item needs. We also supply local wines and olive oil for our guests to purchase.
- Mt Barney Lodge works collaboratively with other local tourism operators to co-promote Mt Barney as a destination. Local landowners’ private land and farming interests are respected and acknowledged in our information provided to onsite guests.
- We choose to support and mentor other local tourism business in the Mt Barney region, and were founding members and facilitators to “Discover Mt Barney”, which is now a recognised sub-committee of Beaudesert Country Tourism.
- We purchase local goat soap, which are available for guests to sample during their stay.
- Our Sunset Eco Tour not only offers information about the natural environment, but also offers local wine, olive oil and dukka tastings.
- We have an excellent rapport with QPWS – Boonah Branch. We regularly provide them with local information on weather, bushfire and track conditions.
- We support the local school community by the provision of fundraising prizes.
- We give employment preference to residents of the Scenic Rim Region to support local employment, and all our current staff are from within this area.