The grassy and shaded campground has stunning views of Mt Barney, which is literally ‘just across the road’. Our campground is the closest serviced basecamp for climbing Mt Barney. We have plenty of local knowledge on the Mount Barney National Park and surrounds to share for you to DIY, or you can join one of our guided mt barney expeditions.
You can drive directly onto shady, unpowered and grassed camp sites with designated fire circles. Camper trailers, motorhomes, RV’s and caravans welcome.
There is also a non-vehicle area that is suitable for tents and families with children.
- $10 per night (children 3-12)
- Weekend tariff – min two nights
- Long weekend – min three night
- Easter weekend – min 4 night
- Camping reservations are essential
- View the property site plan
- Grassed and shady campground
- Creek frontage with nearby waterholes
- Open campfires with firewood for sale ($15 per bag)
- Modern amenities block with hot showers (no charge), toilets and washing up area
- Some camping equipent available for hire by prior arrangement
- Drinking water on tap
- Campground capacity is self-capped to a sustainable number of 100 people (about 30 tents)
- Unpowered sites only
- Basic convenience items for sale e.g. ice, milk and bread
- No wifi
- Limited mobile phone coverage
- Sorry, no pets, generators, drones or chainsaws.
Our Advanced Ecotourism is an accreditation, and is also an everyday way of life for our business. We encourage campers to compost onsite, leave single use plastic water bottles behind, leave your car parked once you arrive as most walks leave from your campsite and appreciate the surrounding World Heritage-listed National Park that surrounds you on foot, swimming or just by observing the passing birds, native animals and weather.
PLASTIC WATER BOTTLE FREE
Mount Barney Lodge is aiming to be 100% single use plastic water bottle free.
We kindly ask that you bring re-usable water bottles and containers with you instead of single use plastic.
Check out our Queenslander Homesteads, Rustic Cabins or give ‘glamping’ a go in our Deluxe Camper Trailers, complete with campfire facilities, creek frontage and spectacular mountain views.
A ‘home away from home’ featuring self-contained kitchen and verandah with view of the surrounding mountains. The whole house is yours to enjoy.
Rustic family cabins
Cosy and rustic cabins, complete with self-contained kitchen, outdoor area with gas BBQ and traditional verandah with spectacular mountain views.
DELUXE CAMPER TRAILERS
Our on-site deluxe camper trailers sleep up to 4 guests and offer a self-contained kitchenette with breath-taking mountain views.
Not sure what to book? We’ve done the legwork for you with our fantastic package deals and specials. These great value packages and special offers can only be purchased over the phone or by email.
Looking for the perfect gift for family, friends or employees? Our vouchers and bonds take the hassle out of gift buying. Give them an experience-based gift that they’ll never forgot.