Accommodation and Camping
Reservations are essential.
- Minimum 2 night tariff per person over weekends (includes Friday and Saturday night)
- Minimum 4 night tariff per person for Easter Holiday Long weekends
- Minimum 3 night tariff per person for all long weekends.
- Camper Trailers – Where bookings involve 4+ people, bookings will be charged campertrailer prices regardless if they choose to sleep in the campertrailer or in an external tent.
- Huts – All guests will be charged at hut rates, regardless if they choose to sleep in the hut or in an external tent
xtended camping bookings over 7 days will not be confirmed until the guest can guarantee that the campsite/van will be moved every 7 where days.
- Children 2 years old and under stay free of charge.
- Children rates are from the ages of 3 years old up to and including 12 year olds.
- All day visitors must check-in to the office on arrival and a $10 per person day visitor charge applies.
- A 50% deposit (or 100% payment on a one night tariff if one night is booked) is required and will be processed for accommodation and all camping upon making your reservation. The balance of payment will be requested 3 days before your stay.
- 100% payment is required for school holiday and long weekend reservations only.
Deposit payment methods are credit card and direct deposit. Personal cheques accepted by prior arrangement only. Only Mastercard and Visa are accepted. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club.
Balance is due during your stay. EFTPOS facilities are available and cash accepted. We do not accept Amex or Diners Club.
ALL GUESTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE OFFICE UPON ARRIVAL (unless otherwise advised).
Within 30 days of check-in: Any cancellations or transfer made less than 30 days prior to check-in will result
in full forfeit of deposit.
Outside 30 days of check-in: If a cancellation or transfer is made more than 30 days before check-in, the deposit can be refunded or transferred by either:
- A refund of the deposit amount less a $30 administration fee per each booked building or site.
- 100% of the deposit may be transferred to another booking, or held in held in credit to be used within 12 months.
- In the advent of extreme adverse weather, it will be up to the discretion of the Mt Barney Lodge to cancel camping and/or accommodation based on access to the Lodge only. Only then will a full refund or transfer be issued.
- We will not refund a deposit or transfer your booking if the forecast is for possible showers or rain. Be prepared. Our cancellation policy above will apply.
- Mt Barney Lodge’s phone and internet services are often disrupted during extreme weather, however we aim to provide updates via our facebook page.
- Where adventure activities have been cancelled by Mt Barney Lodge due to weather conditions, accommodation bookings will not be transferred or refunded. We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen weather conditions. (see below).
If you do not keep your reservation without notifying us, your deposit is strictly non-refundable and the balance of the tariff will also be charged.
To ensure all guests enjoy their stay, all noise is to be kept to a respectable level at all times, and ‘quiet time’ is from 10pm.
Loud music or singing, inconsiderate and antisocial behaviour will NOT be tolerated at any time, including the following activities:
- No generators.
- No chainsaws.
- No whip cracking.
No Pets are permitted on Mt Barney Lodge property. If you are found with a pet a $500 on the spot fine will be debited from your credit card. In accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing to permission for this on the spot fine to be debited from your credit card on file.
Linen (accommodation only)
Our accommodation tariff does not include linen. We encourage you to bring your own.
If linen is required, it is to be ordered upon making reservation or no later that 48 hours prior to check-in. This is to ensure your
beds are made up for your arrival.
If linen is ordered within 48hrs of check-in, we supply folded linen only.
Please see accommodation descriptions for bedding configurations.
We reserve the right to seek the replacement cost of any damage caused by negligent or inappropriate use of linen we provide.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around the amenities block.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around the Homesteads, Huts and On-site Camping Trailers. Professional cleaning fees will apply if smoking is detected.
Additional cleaning required to accommodation which is above and beyond what is reasonable use will be charged
This applies to dishes, as all dishes are expected to be clean upon departure.
- It is the responsibility of all guests to report lost property and recover it within 2 weeks.
- Please forward a prepaid self addressed post pack for items to be returned.
- If lost property is not collected after this time, Mt Barney Lodge will donate all unclaimed items to charity.
Vouchers, Bonds and Credits
- Any vouchers, bonds or credits issued by Mt Barney Lodge are valid for 12 months from date of issue. (Unless otherwise advised).
- Vouchers and bonds are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- If a refund is required of any credit held by Mt Barney Lodge, a $30 administration fee will apply.
Group Bookings, Group Deposit and Group Payment Policy Accommodation & Camping
All the above terms and conditions applies to group bookings.
- Group bookings will be required to agree and sign a Group Booking agreement for campers and accommodation.
- At no time is there to be more than the total amount of guests allocated to each accommodation (Including verandas and outdoor areas).
All group gatherings are to be at the function area and/or grassed area below Boolamoola Homestead. This is to maintain the integrity of all accommodation. Guests will be required to also book the accommodation in Boolamoola Homestead if the function room is required.
- A deposit of 50% of the total reservation or $1000 (where advised) for exclusive camp ground booking secures your reservation.
- All camping reservations require a 50% deposit based on the number of people and days booked.
- 100% payment is required for all bookings made during school holidays and long weekends.
- Deposit is to be paid upon making the reservation, as all bookings can only be secured with a deposit.
- The balance is required no later than 3 days prior to arrival. An invoice is available upon request.
- If full payment is not received by this deadline, the reservation will be cancelled and any deposit will be forfeited.
- Group cancellation is as above, and on a per person pro rata basis.
Mt Barney Lodge shall not be liable for any loss or damage to guests’ valuables/personal property, or cancellations due to weather. We strongly recommend you purchase comprehensive travel insurance at time of booking. We suggest that the policy should include, but not be limited to the following cover: loss of deposit through cancellation; loss of damage to personal baggage and loss of money and medical expenses.
Adventure Activity Terms & Conditions
Full payment is required upon making your activity reservation.
Advance bookings are essential to ensure staff availability.
Mt Barney Lodge reserves the right to cancel or modify the School Holiday Program. While every effort is made to adhere to the advertised timetables and charges, the operators of Mt Barney Lodge reserve the right to alter or cancel any service or charge at the time.
Strict minimum age restrictions apply for all activities and is not negotiable.
Maximum numbers apply for all activities.
Mountain Expedition Terms and Conditions
- Places are strictly limited on a first come/first served basis, and your booking is only confirmed once payment has been processed.
- A minimum of 5 people are required to make this walk confirmed. If the walk is cancelled due to lack of interest, the participant will be offered the next available walk date, or refunded with no penalty.
- The Outdoor Leader will make a decision on the weather forecast on the day of the activity. If cloudy or inclement weather is predicted, then the walk will be cancelled and the participant will be offered the next available walk date, or refunded with no penalty.
- Where adventure activities have been cancelled by Mt Barney Lodge due to weather conditions, accommodation bookings will not be refunded. We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover any unforeseen weather conditions.
- If the participant cancels the walk within 40 days, there will be no refunds.
- If you do not keep your reservation without notifying us, your deposit is strictly non-refundable.
Group Adventure Activities
Full payment is required upon making your group activity reservation.
Advance bookings are essential to ensure staff availability.
- Payment is not refundable.
- Payment is not transferable to or for accommodation or camping.
- If minimum numbers are not met, Mt Barney Lodge reserves the right to refund, cancel or postpone the activity.
- In the advent of adverse weather, it will be up to the discretion of the Mount Barney Lodge outdoor leader to cancel the activity based on safety issues only. Only then will a full refund or transfer be issued.
- All activities will go ahead in wet conditions. Please be prepared!
Mt Barney Lodge shall not be liable for any inability to take up the booking due to changing health circumstances, whether that be due to illness, injury, medical admission or other. Mt Barney Lodge is not liable for loss or damage to guests’ valuables/personal property during your stay. We strongly recommend you purchase comprehensive travel insurance at time of booking to cover these unforeseen events. We suggest that the policy should include, but not be limited to the following cover: loss of deposit through cancellation; loss of damage to personal baggage and loss of accommodation/adventure charges and medical expenses.
Vouchers and Bonds
Vouchers and bonds are not redeemable for cash, but may be transferred to another person.
Bookings for all accommodation, camping and activities are essential.
Please call us to make your reservation and quote your voucher number.
Additional charges apply for extra guests, additional accommodation and extra activities.
Our normal terms and conditions apply for all bookings made using vouchers or bonds.
Vouchers and Bonds are valid 12 months from the date of issue.